Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The verdict is out!

This was how it looked like before cooking. I wrapped golden mushrooms using bacon. The top 2 are asparagus wrapped in bacon. That’s why you don’t see the mushrooms sticking out in the top 2.
Basically I steamed them for about 15 minutes, then I took them out and poured away all the oil. For your information, there was so much oil that the bacon gave out la! After that, I pan fried them for about 20 seconds for each. So they became golden brown and crispy. And see below for the final product! Muahahahahaha!
It tasted real good. I left some for HL and he said that it was really good. And my brother couldn't resist it and grabbed one to eat too. The golden mushrooms ones were especially tasty. Coz when you bite in, the golden mushrooms have a crunchy crunchy sound when you bite them. And they tasted so so good. I could hear the crunch when my brother simply tossed the whole thing into his mouth and started chewing. Mmmmm... I getting hungry again. Anyway after cooking this, I took out the chicken thighs that I marinated overnight to pan fry. Took me a while to do that coz the thighs are thick and need to cook longer. I was very careful of the heat of the pan though, coz I scared that the chicken becomes chao dar. In the end, it was successful and this is how it looks like after pan-frying.
Nice right????? Haha… Very nice lor! Even my brother and HL said so. Anyway I left some of everything for HL to try. And this are the ones I left for him. 1 asparagus and 1 mushroom and a chicken thigh. Haha.
Yay… I’m so proud of myself can… And let me also show you the end product after I finished my lunch. Muahahahaha!!! So I actually can cook if I want to put some effort! Anyway I cooked it again just now for lunch as there were some leftovers, and I sort of did better than yesterday in terms of the duration I took to cook and clean up. Anyway, I really hate the cleaning up part. I think the cleaning up was actually half of the total time! Irritated. Haha.
Yay, I think I wanna "cook" up some more new ideas to whip up for lunch again...
P.S.:I don't mind hosting dinners at my place for my dear friends, but... you all must help me clean up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lalalalalalalalalala...... Or of course, I can go your place to cook together. Hahahaha.

No comments: