Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Explored the North

with Janeee today. Took her to eat the famous Fish & Chips at Toa Payoh and then we walked around the shop houses. Then we went to AMK Hub to walk walk... haha. So the whole afternoon was gone just like that, but enjoyed it... we bought quite some stuff... hehe.

Anyway, I dropped off at Novena to meet HL while Jane went on to Simei to have dinner with Shuhui prior to the MM practice. As I was waiting for HL to arrive so that we could go visit his uncle at the CDC (Communicable Diseases Centre, his uncle is down with dengue fever), I walked around Novena Square.

Had not been there for ages, especially since the UOB Call Centre moved to Toa Payoh since Jan 2006. Memories came flooding back as I stood in the middle of the ground floor of Novena Square (in front of the small KFC), simply looking around the whole place. There were nice memories of the lunches I had with ex colleagues, scary memories of how late we had to come down there to buy dinner :) Yeah, I remembered that it was near Xmas 2005 and we were rushing to buy presents, but we had so much follow up to do, that we stayed in office until very late. So we wanted to buy KFC, but to our dismay, KFC was closed!!! Yes, that's how late... zzz. We ended up eating Long John. Dotz.

Besides these, I also began to remember the really stressful and painful (yes painful, or should I say, TORTURING) times when the Platinum Team, being the new kids on the block, had to manage the Platinum customers all by ourselves, with little support. Really had no idea why they decided to separate the Platinum Team from the rest, especially since we were so new back then. Although we did have 2 seniors who were "poached" over to join us, it wasn't of much help because they were simply drowning together with us in the pool of Platinum calls. I cannot forget the cold shoulder treatment that we were "rewarded" with when we tried to ask for help. Thank God that it is over.

Yikes!!! NIE starts on 2 Jan 08! It's time to get myself together and concentrate on the things ahead of me.

In the meantime, HL and I are also getting ready to organise a small birthday gathering for myself, Jeremy and HL (our birthdays are on 6, 8, and 9 Jan respectively) on the 5 Jan... Hehe... the same gang will meet again, to laugh, talk, reminisce about the younger carefree days, have good fellowship, and of course, to eat BBQ food! Haha. Sigh, I miss the old days... Oh man... I am going to be quarter of a century old soon... ARGHHHHH!

No comments: