Sunday, January 6, 2008

Just another day

Before I start lamenting about today, just wanna say that I had a great time yesterday evening catching up and crapping with Yo, YM, Janeee and Dearie at the mini BBQ. Thank God for them.

Went to church this morning and felt normal. Thought that everything will be smooth but absolutely screwed up during the PAW session. Need to remember to bring home the scores in future.

Then we had to go to AMK for Dearie's family thingy. Totally lost and felt out of place the whole time there.

Then Dearie was occupied with tuition in the afternoon. I went home to sleep. He went to send a friend off at the airport after that and reached my house at about 7:30pm.

He then drove mum, bro and me to a seafood restaurant beside Changi Prison for dinner. Mum said that it was nice the last time she brought Grandpa here. I thought that it was alright. Mum thought it was not worth it in the end. The dinner cost a lil' over $140 for 4 persons!!! Oh man... Mum's treat though. Thanks Mum.

This day feels like a normal day to me... Hmmm... I think it's supposed to be my birthday. Whatever. I guess birthdays will be like this from this moment on... as I have reached a quarter of a century. It's not so exciting and surprising anymore. Am I disappointed? Yes, I guess there's this lil' disappointment (maybe a lot, but I am trying to make it feel like a little... haha) in me, but I need to grow up now.

Think whether the birthday is exciting or not really depends very much on how I look at it. I guess I am just not in the mood for my birthday this year. Sigh, it's a long day tomorrow and it starts at 8:30am. ORIENTATION!!! I'm feeling bored already... duh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Renie Wong! quarter of a century old and still dropping wallet in lecture halls.. tsk tsk tsk..
Haha...anw i guess birthdays aren't so celebratory anymore as u grow older cos what's so happy abt the fact that you're growing old??? haha except that you've got a whole new year ahead for God to work through you and for you! hee...press on babe!