Thursday, April 3, 2008

My thumbdrive played an April Fool's joke on me on 1st Apr...

After I typed about 400 words of my Psychology essay assignment, I decided to save the work in my thumbdrive (duh). Then there was a pop up that said saving was not possible because the file type is different. WHAT DIFFERENT!?!?!?! How can my Word document become another file type suddenly? But it's true... my word document got converted into a temp file!!! I thought that the word document was still there... so I deleted the temp file without checking. Well... u guessed it... my hard work was all GONE! OH NO!!! But oh well... I did panic a lot, then I thanked God. Coz if this had happened to me when my essay of 2000 words is done, then I'll really be crying.

While I was on the train... as I had my laptop with me... I tried to reproduce my 400 words... by the time I reached my destination, I reproduced almost half of it... Thank God. But I wasn’t as satisfied with it as the first time... sigh.

When I reached home, I inserted my thumbdrive into the desktop computer to re-confirm that the essay is really gone... then... then I saw the TEMP FILE!!! THANK GOD!!! I could not find it while I was on the train!!! Why did it suddenly appear when I got home!?!?!?! Yay!!! All my hard work is not lost...

Thank God the original essay is found...

Twas’ a bad April Fool’s joke...

No comments: